Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Baby not here yet...will he wait for my midterm? hmmm


So, our little baby is not here yet, well he's mostly here, just chilling out in the most comfortable place on earth...in utero...we are due Friday the 25th, but with the doc saying that she was looking early (which we actually believed) we have found ourselves with a little bit of extra time on our hands. Sort of. I have a midterm this wednesday for the MBA and another on monday, so it is a semi-hilarious position to be in...what do you tell the profs? The conversations have included a good amount of shrugging as I explain that the baby might come any time, including during their class, and perhaps during their midterm. We've made contingency plans, but they all come with a wierd "maybe" clause attached. So the wierdest tentativeness of my life has led to 3 different contingencies that are all quite gray. So my study approach is...study now, then shrug and see what happens. My two profs have been delightfully accomodating though, and for that I am blessed.

So that is what is in my brain. Also I've heard often people saying that I seem calm, in the face of a major life change. Sure...major life change. But really, God is good and God is sovreign, what is anxiety in the face of change going to earn me?

2 comments:

  1. JIm .... TAKE A DEEP DEEP DEEEEEEP BREATH .... and REPEAT! ..... say your prayers ..... OK .... do you feel better? .... I hope so ...

    It's coming up quick guys .... we are praying for you ... wish you speedy delivery megan!...

    I am checking my cell phone everyday for any text .... I hope I'm on your list, but if not .... put me in :) ....

    BTW, let us know if you need anything ... really ...

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep asking Mom Voss if she's heard anything, and God bless her, she tells me that she's trying REAL HARD not to call you every day to ask YOU for news! We are praying extra hard that things go according to His plan and that the labor is quick and easy. If you need an extra set of hands, I have two and since I'm retired, I am available anytime! Love and kisses to you both,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete